Sébastien Gaudard is a french pastry chef who launched his brand in 2011. Bringing more pastry to the already sugar-soaked Rue des Martyrs may seem crazy, but Sébastien Gaudard’s shining résumé proves he’s the man to do it. Having worked alongside Pierre Hermé at Fauchon and then at the Bon Marché, he knows a thing or two about the trade.
We were in charge to create a brand for his activities. The main objective was to fit his idea of an ancestral brand who will reflect his passion for tradition, skills, and perfection. So, among various proposals, this idea of well spaced unique capitals in a pure french tradition of the Parisian boutique worked well. The forms are designed with this idea of 3D metal letters, set in his front’s shop, rue des Martyrs in Paris. Paris was set in an exclusive Regular version of our AW Conqueror Sans typeface.
Client: Sébastien Gaudard
1. Sébastien Gaudard logotype.
2. to 3. Sébastien Gaudard identity elements.
4. to 7. Sébastien Gaudard applications.
8. Sébastien Gaudard’s boutique.
9. to 10. First proposal for Sébastien Gaudard identity basis of the final project.
11. to 13. Alternative proposals for Sébastien Gaudard identity.